Oracle 8.1.5 & Linux 2.2.12 Segmetation Erros

From: Mark LAPIDGE <mlapidge_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:48:13 +0100

Hello all,

I have Linux 2.2.12 running with glibc 2.1.1 both of which are prerequisites for running Oracle 8.1.5 (min 2.2 kernel & 2.1 libraries).

However, I get segmentation errors when running some executables (lsnrctl, svrmgrl). I know this was a problem with Oracle 8.0.5 which required an earlier version of the libraries and that the solution was to relink the problematic executables with older library or apply the patch from Oracle.

Also everything relinks OK except for client software (plenty of unresolved symbols suggests a missing library somewhere).

Running strace on say svrmgrl shows that it is finding libraries, config files etc OK - the only thing I have noticed is the succesful creation of a socket followed by the failure to connect to it immediately afterwards (ECONNREFUSED connection refused by server).

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch...

Mark Lapidge Received on Sat Sep 18 1999 - 05:48:13 CDT