help me

From: micind <micind_at_bom3.vsnl.net.in>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 14:49:27 +0530

1.

How to pass Schema name as a variable in select statement background
I have two schemas with same set of tables having different data. I want to keep same front end for both the schemas. Schema A (A owner) has got multiple users and schema B (B owner) has got multiple users and some of the users are common. In select instead of passing specific schema name I want to pass parameter. How to achieve that ?

SELECT * FROM A.CUSTOMERS SELECT * FROM B.CUSTOMERS 2. In reports I want to provide a facility to the user to select certain things such as A set of customer(S) which are in a continent(S), and in a country(S) etc. that is a hierarchy of selection. How to do this can any one provide front end example.

At present I am using temporary table but which is not solving the purpose, as I am not in a position to create temporary tables for every user who are logged in at a time

please help
Girish
micnd_at_bom3.vsnl.net.in Received on Sat Sep 18 1999 - 04:19:27 CDT