DB_BLOCK_LRU_EXTENDED_STATISTICS

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:48:07 GMT

Platform - Oracle 8.0.4.3.1 running on AIX 4.2.1

I setup the DB_BLOCK_LRU_EXTENDED_STATISTICS=20 parameter in my init.ora file and recycled my database. There is a 3rd party application server running on this box that connected to the database, and almost immediately 2 of it's connections pegged the CPU usage to 100%. I could not spawn any SQL*Plus sessions, they just hung following my password, and the only way out was shutdown abort. Shutdown immediate attempts hung, even though there were no open connections to the database. I called Oracle support, and their solution was not to use this parameter.

There were no trace files generated, and no alert log entries made.

Anybody have any experience/thoughts/insight into this?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Sep 17 1999 - 15:48:07 CDT