Re: Dates in OCI

From: May Huang <chacha11_at_jps.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 19:18:49 -0700

I know that Oracle stores date/times as 7 bytes (4 for the date and 3 for the time). But in ODBC, I think I can call SQLBindParameter() and pass it SQL_DATE and a DATE_STRUCTURE or SQL_TIME and a TIME_STRUCTURE, and store only the date or time in a column of type DATE. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen this done before.

But after speaking with some well knowledged people, everybody keeps telling me that Oracle stores it as date/time.