How can I login to Oracle7.1 workgroup server in my Solaris X86 system?

From: News <zmwang_at_maloca.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:54:24 GMT

I installed Oracle7.1 workgroup server in my Solaris7 X86 system (I originally intended to install Oracle8.0, but was unable to get a trial version). When rebooting, every thing seems OK, it displays: SQLDBA > connected, Oracle instance started, database mounted and database opened. I login as oracle7---a solaris7 user created when Oracle7 workgroup was installed, and type "otoolbar" in terminal, the Oracle Admin Toolbar is displayed. Following I type "SQLDBA", an error message appears: DBA-00387: Could not locate toolkit resouce file, tk2csun-cmd.res. How can I log in to the Oracle server7.1 in this system? How can I open a SQL*Plus environmet like NT? Where is the Oracle Book? I specified to install the Documentation during installation, but cannot open any documentation.
 I really need your help.

Zhenming

zmwang_at_maloca.com Received on Fri Sep 17 1999 - 22:54:24 CDT