Re: Century date mask & Y2K compliance

From: Glenn Baron <gbaron_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 17 Sep 1999 19:05:47 GMT

Hi Neil. How's it going matey?

Looks to me as though yer d/b's are not identically configured and the 2nd box is treating '01-Jan-2000' as 01-Jan-1900 . Can't see how the system date is involved, as you're providing a hard-coded date in your Sql. Are you setting NLS_DATE_FORMAT identically in the 2 init.ora's ? Is there any local NLS_DATE_FORMAT being set at session level, like in a login.sql? Stupid questions I know but hard to see what else it could be.

Regards

GB

Neil Emery <neil.emery_at_virgin.net> wrote in article <7rtgna$83e$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...