oracle 8.0.4 --> 8.1.5 problems

From: <stevebruckert_at_elucidate.com>
Date: 17 Sep 1999 10:04:08 PDT

Hello everyone... I'm trying to upgrade from Oracle8 to Oracle8i. My Oracle8 database is using ConText, and should be using Oracle8i InterMedia Text when we upgrade.

The problem is that when using the oracle database migration assistant, everything seems to run smoothly. At the end of the process, the little alarm bell shows up and gives me a message saying that there were errors

during the process and the upgrade may not have gone through properly. When I look at the summary and the log file with the sid followed by a string of numbers, it appears that I was getting many 'database not open' errors.

Restarting my machine and trying to access the new database, I get an error saying that I cannot access the database because 'Oracle initialization or shutdown in progress'. What should I do? I'm desperate

for help. Received on Fri Sep 17 1999 - 12:04:08 CDT