Re: Problem w/ Oracle Multithreading

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:25:03 -0700

Stilian

You misunderstood what I wrote. Multithreaded Server is a way of configuring Oracle so that server processes can be shared amongst multiple clients. Check the Concepts Guide for more information.

The ORACLE73.EXE process (or whatever version you're on) is as you say always multithreaded on NT. These threads are the equivalents of the background processes (PMON, SMON, DBWR, LGWR etc.) that you see in other environments such as Unix.

HTH. Pete