Re: exporting database

From: David Van Zandt <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:45:02 -0500

Brian, there are some glaring questions here, not the least of which is your O/S, version, and why are you using an obsolete RDBMS version? Perhaps 7.3.x? It would also seem you're proceding without having read the Release Notes, the Getting Started notes, or any of the other on-media documentations. Or, having looked at the Metalink, IOUG, or OTN resources?

You seem to know enough to have installed Oracle, presumably using OFA defaults. Why not simply try the import and see what comes up -- it may be simpler than you think! You're obviously working with a non-production environment, so trial and error doesn't seem to be a constraint.

Not to harass -- just trying to help you help yourself....