Re: db_file_simultaneous_writes???

From: Doktor <doktor_at_post.pl>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:24:41 +0200

From Oracle documentation:

DB_FILE_SIMULTANEOUS_WRITES
Default value:
4
Range of values:
1 - 24
The number of simultaneous writes ("batches") for each database file when written by DBWR.

If the operating system supports only one write per device and cannot combine writes to adjacent blocks, then the value should be 1. Though the value has no maximum because DBWR writes blocks in groups, it is not useful to use a value larger than 24.

For more information, see Oracle7 Server Concepts.

See also your operating system-specific Oracle documentation for the default value.