Re: size sga

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:08:47 +0200

Yes,
Eventually Oracle will have so much memory resources allocated the NT box will start paging and swapping (which you could of course easily check with the NT performance monitor). Also keep in mind, each client will have (running dedicated server) a background task on that NT box. The only other thing to check whether or not the server has been tuned for network applications.
This is a setting in the network applet in control panel (properties of the server)
If the server options are tuned for file sharing, probably a huge file cache will have been allocated, usually a certain percentage of physical RAM. Recently I have been looking at such a system with 256M and 200M file cache. Needless to say what happens.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA