Q./Help !: how retrieve the text of the query I'm executing from a v$ view ??

From: <monsri_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:38:39 GMT

Hello here,
I have a pretty difficult -???- question: I'd like to be able to retrieve the whole text of a query I'm running AS I'm just executing it. Let me explain (suppose we're in a SQL*Plus session):
If I do:
SQL> select field1, userDefFunct(field2)   2 from myTable
  3 group by field1;

I'd like to be able to find the entire text of this same query because I NEED TO QUERY IT IN MY FUNCTION userDefFunct() ! How can I know that in some V$SQL... views the field SQL_TEXT corresponds to the very current and active query I'm running ?

Or maybe it's impossible ???

(this is to avoid passing 4 or 5 parameters to the userDefFunct()  function, and depending on this my statement "userDefFunct(field2)"  will return something particular)

Thanks a lot !
Regards,
Seb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 07:38:39 CDT