Oracle Applications 11

From: Vsevolod Afanassiev <vafanassiev_at_westpac.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 18:57:31 +1000

Hi,
Could someone provide me with real-life information on Oracle Applications Release 11 running on UNIX with number of users > 100? What kind of box do we need? We are running 10.7
on HP 9000 K-series with 2GB RAM and 10 CPUs, database (7.3.2 with 250M SGA) size 300GB on raw devices (EMC symmetrix). Most of the time the box is doing fine, but during end of month processing users run a lot of FSGs (more than 1000 per day), and CPU usage is at 100%. We have around 300 on-line users.
My understanding is that Forms Server requires 15MB per connection, so to support 300 users we need 5GB RAM, which is only available on 64-bit servers. It is correct?
Unfortunately, we cannot "just ask Oracle" as their advice is *very* expensive.

Thanks,
Sev Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 03:57:31 CDT