PROBLEMS with OAS 4.07?

From: <"Psycho>
Date: 15 Sep 1999 09:58:54 -0600

Have any of you run into this issue? OAS 4.07 will not serve AVI, MPG or other media when viewed with IE3.0,4.0,5.0.

We host several videos on the site. Just standard AVI's in a directory that can be read from a URL. All was fine with OAS 2.12 but when we upgraded to 4.07 we lost the ability.

We receive an error from the "Media Player" stating it cannot determine the content. I can put the same file on my IIS, APACHE, and Netscape box and it reads fine. (Definetaly a OAS problem)

I have a UNIX and NT box running OAS4.07 and it is a problem with both.

I've been on the phone with Oracle for 2 weeks now and they have had the same issue but will not call it a bug. Can any of you who have OAS4.07 try this out? the file will work in Netscape's browser because it doesnt try to read the MIME type.

My MIME type settings inside the OAS config includes

video/msvideo      avi
video/mpeg        mpg mpeg mpe

HELP!
Thanks in Advance. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 10:58:54 CDT