Re: How do you compare the data in different schemas not just table diffs

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_netpath.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 02:22:55 GMT

you can do a lot with the minus operator and it is suprisingly efficient. if you're talking massive amounts of data, there is no quick way to do what you want. here is an example with minus.

select * from user1.table1
MINUS
select * from user2.table1;

i don't believe minus will support lobs or longs but you can run it on all the other columns. you will probably want to run the comparison in both directions.

gene hubert
skillspoint.com