Re: Web Toolkit Question

From: Ben Ryan <benryan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 01:00:46 GMT

owa_util.mime_header('file/data');

It must be first piece of output from your procedure.

(Your htp.print would work as well, providing it was first piece of output, however you would have to be careful about the capitalisation. It may well have to be as per the HTTP standard e.g. Content-Type:
The Web agent or PL/SQL cartridge looks at first line of output from you procedure to see if the line starts Content-Type, the check is probably case sensitive.)

Anyway the upshot is it easier to use owa_util.mime_header.

In article <37dff121.194198_at_news.netset.com>,   Milo_at_Netway.com (Miles O. Remington) wrote:
> I have this HTML form where depending on the options the user selects
> there are times when I want to return a data stream to the user
> instead of HTML. I want that little dialog box to come up in their
> browser that asks them where they want to save the file and what to
> name it. I suspect that I need to change the mime type but how and
> what to? Can I use htp.print to do everything like:
> htp.print('content-type ??/??\n\n');
> htp.print('first line of data');
> htp.print('next line of data');
> etc...
>
> Is that how or do I need to use something else in the toolkit?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Let us pass over the river, and rest
> Under the shade of the trees."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 20:00:46 CDT