Re: Grant problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:15:05 +0200

Yes, sure
1 fire the DBA who doesn't know the only way to get around this is connect as the owner and issue a grant on table to xxxx with grant option 2 have him

   select username, password
   from dba_users where username = 'yyyy'    and spool it to a file
3 have him execute the command under 1
4 alter user yyy identified by values 'the password string gotten in step 2'

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA