Re: WebDB: forms for updating tables. Please HELP!

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:27:47 GMT

Carlo,

This is one of the "features" of WebDB 2.0. Unfortunately, to be able to update and delete from a form, you need to "link" to it from some other source (e.g., a report). This has caused a lot of confusion from users like yourself.

If this is an option to you, I recommend trying this with WebDB 2.1. The forms have been updated to let you query, insert, update, and delete all from the one form. This feature alone (IMHO) makes it worth upgrading to WebDB 2.1.

Hope this helps.

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:09:46 +0200, "Carlo Goldoni" <cgoldoni_at_etnoteam.it> wrote:

>Hi. everybody.
>
>I created a form based on a table: its purpose was to give users a chance to
>quickly update the records of this table. Unfortunately, only the INSERT and
>RESET buttons appear in the form.
>
>In other words, I am not able to use this form to update any record of the
>table.
>
>I have Browse and Build privileges on my own schema, and both the table and
>the form have been created in this schema. Besides, I have the following
>roles and/or grants:
>RESOURCE, WEBDB_DEVELOPER, CREATE SESSION, CREATE TABLE, CREATE TYPE, CREATE
>SNAPSHOT, CREATE VIEW, UNLIMITED TABLESPACE.
>Finally, my schema is a "Component Building Schema".
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks in advance,
> Carlo Goldoni
> e-mail: cgoldoni_at_etnoteam.it

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 11:27:47 CDT