Re: Context filter problem

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:34:05 GMT

Roger,

This is a limitation of the filters that are included with ConText of Oracle7, unfortunately. You are able to create a policy on a column using the auto-recognize filter ("BLASTER" filter) or you can create a policy on a column with an external filter, but not necessarily both.

I don't always mean to come across as "an upgrade will solve all your problems", but if you have the option to upgrade to Oracle8i and interMedia Text, I recommend it (I'm not "upselling"...if you're a supported customer, you should be able to upgrade at no charge).

The filters used with interMedia Text are from Inso, the same company who produces OutsideIn. Very stable, very good, and includes a PDF filter that actually works. Additionally, the API with interMedia Text is much simpler and performance is dramatically improved.

Hope this helps.

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:05:38 +0200, "Roger Grimstad" <roger_at_mediascience.no> wrote:

>I'm trying to use the autorecognize filter with Oracle 7.3.3 on Solaris, but
>it doesn't work with word 6 or word 7.
>
>When I try to index a Word6 document I get this in the log:
>--------------------------
>15:05:48 09/15/99 Begin document indexing
>15:05:50 09/15/99 Errors reading documents: 0
>15:05:50 09/15/99 Index data for 1 documents to be written to database
>15:05:50 09/15/99 memory use: 1215132
>15:05:50 09/15/99 ORA-00001: unique constraint (RTVINTRA.DR_01052_I1I1)
>violated
>--------------------------
>
>And it just skips the word7 files. If I use the Word6 specific filter it
>works, but I also need to index word7 and html documents.
>
>My setup:
>--------------------------
>begin
> ctx_ddl.create_preference ('PUB_DOCS',
> 'Docs stored in files',
> 'OSFILE');
>end;
>
>begin
> ctx_ddl.set_attribute('FORMAT','997');
> ctx_ddl.create_preference('MULTI_FILT',
> 'multiple internal filters',
> 'BLASTER FILTER');
>end;
>
>begin
> ctx_ddl.create_policy (policy_name => 'TEZTPOL',
> colspec => 'CTXTEZT.TEXT',
> textkey => 'ID',
> dstore_pref => 'PUB_DOCS',
> filter_pref => 'MULTI_FILT',
> wordlist_pref => 'CTXSYS.NO_SOUNDEX',
> stoplist_pref => 'CTXSYS.NO_STOPLIST');
> end;
>--------------------------
>
>Is there a problem with my policy or is it just that the autorecognize
>filter is not working as it says in the documentation?
>Maybe getting third party filters would be a solution? I check out the
>Outside In filters, but they can't be used with the context engine, and that
>is a big disadvantage. I hope someone knows a solution to this problem!
>

>Thanks,
>Roger Grimstad

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 11:34:05 CDT