Re: Still can't create a database ... but making progress!

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:12:37 -0700

John

Looks like you got part way through building a database, and you're in the mounted state. To fix this, exit from svrmgr, restart it, connect as internal or sysdba (whichever you prefer), then do a "startup nomount". Now try the database creation command. It may still fail if you have files that were built from the previous run, in which case you should get rid of the old files.

Alternatively, you could be pointing at a different DB. Is this the only one you have on the box? If not, check the value of %ORACLE_SID% and make sure you're pointing the the SID for the database to be built, not one that already exists.

HTH. Pete