Re: WebDB: Database Log In Failed

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:00:54 GMT

Can you connect in SqlPLus using the webdb alias, that is, can you connect webdb/webdb_at_webdb

If not then your tnsnames.ora does not contain the DAD that WebDb uses...the installation of the listener should have taken care of this, but you can use EasyConfig ( or something like that) to add an entry for webdb with the connect info for your instance...

Hope it helps,

John Greco
PS
You can check on what DAD is needed by using your browser and going to http:/<your.listener.host.address:yourport>/admin_/gateway.htm