Question on object names

From: Craig Despres <csdespres_at_callsynergy.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 05:07:49 GMT

We have just started development using Oracle (coming from an Informix shop) and I have a question on the how to access objects created on the database.

When a table is created for a person's schema (owner.tablename), is there "GRANT" permissions, or another way to allow other users/programs to access this table without putting the "owner" in front of the table name? I would also like to know how to do the same things for other database objects, e.g - procedures, packages, synonyms, views, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Craig Despres
Synergy Solutions Inc. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 00:07:49 CDT