Re: How do you compare the data in different schemas not just table diffs

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:01:04 -0400

Hi tony,

    Based on your statement that you could use not exists I am assuming (more fool I) that if the counts are different the tables are different and if the counts are the same ...

    The quickest way is to write a script that generates a script that prints out the name and count for each table. Run the script against both schemas and then open two windows and do a side by side mark one eyeball comparison. I just did this yesterday and was able to resolve my differences for a 230 table instance in about ten minutes.

    If it is any help the script to create the script should look like:

    SELECT 'SELECT '||table_name||', count(*) FROM '||table_name||';' FROM user_tables;

(Sorry I don't have time to run it but it should be either right on or close enough so you can get it working quickly.)

Before you run it set pages 0 and spool it to a file with an extension of sql. Run it and then turn spooling back on and run the output file.

regards
jerry gitomer

tony wrote in message ...
>I have two schemas that have the same exact tables but the data
might be
>slightly different.
>
>I can compare the tables difs via TOAD, BUT is there a way to
compare the
>actual data in the tables without having to do not exists
statements on each