retreiving recordsets from Oracle via ADO (ref. Q176086) / resultset column must be a formal parameter

From: <pjbondi_at_SystemDatabase.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 01:54:13 GMT

Hello to all:

I am trying to implement the technique described in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q176086, but I am getting the error message "resultset column must be a formal parameter".

Jim Beck has suggested that perhaps my parameter names mismatch between my stored procedure call and my stored procedure declaration.

Morris Minor was also kind enough to respond to an e-mail from me. He reminded me of the syntax:

sql_text="{call package_name.procedure_name({resultset 100, field1, field2, field3.....})}"

But my call conforms to this syntax.

Can anyone offer a their experiences with this error message?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 20:54:13 CDT