Re: how do i create, access tables in other's schema

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:29:38 GMT

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:51:26 GMT, srin_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>hi all
>
>we have a common schema (user) called global in which all the users
>create the tables.
>
>global's default tablespace is usr.
>
>what permissions should the other users have in order to work in the
>schema called 'global'?
>
>when i tried this:
>create global.tab1 (col1 integer)
>
>i got the error saying 'user has no privileges on tablespace usr'. what
>does it mean to have privileges on tablespaces? i thought privileges
>are on schema objects. i have 'create any table' rights.
>
>anybody who clarifies this to me surely has a lot of tablespace in
>her/his heart
>thanks
>srini.

Something is wrong with your GLOBAL's quota settings. Although his default tablespace is set to USR he obviously has no quota assigned on this tablespace. Execute one of the following statements to overcome this problem:

  1. ALTER USER global QUOTA 10M ON usr; -- gives user 10M space in USR
  2. ALTER USER global UNLIMITED ON usr; -- gives user unlimited space in USR
  3. GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO global; -- gives user unlimited space in any tablespace

HTH, Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 14:29:38 CDT