Re: How to rename a column name?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:22:48 GMT

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:18:24 -0500, Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com> wrote:

>You can export the table. Create a table of the required structure that
>you like and import the data into the new table.
> Tapan

This will result in "ORA-904: invalid column name". You can't import into existing table if the table structure (column names, data types) is not exactly the same as the one in the dmp file.

Regards,

Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 14:22:48 CDT