Re: Oracle shutdown abort on NT

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:47:49 -0700

If you are shutting down the instance for backups, it seems you are not actually running 24 hours a day.

In any case, an immediate shutdown is a clean shutdown. You don't have to start back up and shutdown normal. If you choose to shutdown abort (much faster), you will want to startup restrict and shutdown immediate or normal before taking the cold backups.

--
Jeremiah Wilton