Re: SQLSetPos & Row Binding

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:10:05 GMT

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:28:27 +0200, "Christian Bruno" <brunoc_at_ifrance.com> wrote:

>hello,
>
>i'm trying to use ODBC in a multi-user application.
>
>i found the function SQLSetPos to lock a row of data
>but it seems to be used generally with SQLBindCol function.
>
>is there a way not to use SQLBindCol ??

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is "no". The whole purpose of SQLSetPos is to provide a function-based interface to updating/deleting data that you would otherwise accomplish with UPDATE/DELETE statements. As a matter of fact, that's how a number of ODBC drivers actually implement SQLSetPos.

If you don't bind the columns in your select clause, you have no buffer to actually place your "updated" values before calling SQLSetPos.

>thanks,
>
>Regards,
>Christian

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 10:10:05 CDT