Re: oracle stored procedures

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:17:25 -0400

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:31:30 -0700, Steven R Fuller <srfuller_at_doitnow.com> wrote:

>Why do I get a procedure compilied with errors msg when I create stored
>procedures?

Because the stored procedure you compiled has errors, that's why.

If you type
  show errors
after getting that message, you will be given some info about the error.

eg.

clbeck_at_8i>
  1 create or replace
  2 procedure test1 as
  3 l_num number;
  4 begin
  5 l_num = 5;
  6* end;
clbeck_at_8i> /
Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

clbeck_at_8i> show error
Errors for PROCEDURE TEST1:

LINE/COL ERROR

-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
4/9      PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "=" when expecting one of the
         following:
         The symbol ":= was inserted before "=" to continue.

hope this helps.

chris.

--
Christopher Beck
Oracle Corporation

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 09:17:25 CDT