Re: Deadlock issue - Financials

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_nospambigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:00:44 -0400

Thank you very much for your response,

I think we may have to push it back to them, but in the meantime - here is some of
the trace file - I have a couple of questions below. I've abbreviated some of it.

                            Blockers                                Waiters
                           process    session   holds waits  process session
holds waits
Resource Name
TX-blablah          50           32          X                  68
67                   S
TX-blahblah        68           67          X                   50
32                   S

Rows waited on:
Session 67:no row
Session 32: no row

Process State
Process Global information process: bunch of hex etc.,
holding 400001a20 Parent=children enqueue hash chains level=4 state=busy recovery area
Dump of memory
Bunch of stuff that is currently indecipherable to me at present.

Questions: Can I learn anything from this? In particular the wait=S. What does that mean? Also, does the output about children enqueue hash chains have any meaning to anyone?
I'm wondering if the re-org has caused locks to be escalated to page level locks or something?

Once again, any help of any kind is appreciated...