Re: Newbie question

From: Rob Calfee <trace_at_primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:06:13 GMT

  1. Create the mirror temp table create my_temp_table as select * from my_table; --This selects all the data into the table at the present time

        create my_temp_table as select * from my_table where 0=1; --This creates a copy of the table with no data inserted.

2) Insert data into the table from the original  insert into my_temp_table as select * from my_table where [some condition];

Hope this helps

Rob Calfee

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:32:30 +1000, "Alex Daman" <alex_damanakis_at_exe.com.au> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I want to know if there is a way to select data into a temporary table.
>
>For example :
>
>select * from my_table
>into temp my_temp_table.
>
>The temporary table should only exist for the duration of the session. I
>know with other database products you can do the above. I suppose I am
>looking for the equivalent for Oracle.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Alex

Rob Calfee
DBA
rcalfee_at_incsystem.com Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 09:06:13 CDT