Re: SQLPLUS login

From: Ben Ryan <benryan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 00:42:47 GMT

As far as I know, there is no command line option which makes SQL*Plus ask once, and only once, for your username and password.

N.B. If you are on Unix and the reason you are asking is because you are trying to run sqlplus from within a Unix shell script, then there is a way to prevent the first two lines of sqlplus input being interpreted as the second and third attempts at the username and password. However, I cannot tell from you post whether this would be relevant or not.

In article <7rjqmb$a5e$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   grsnow_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> When trying to log into SQLPLUS 8.0.5, if a user enters the wrong
> username or password, then he/she is prompted twice more for a correct
> username/password. Is there a way to not reprompt the user?
>
> This is important if sqlplus is run from the command line. If the
> wrong password is entered I do not want to be reprompted for the right
> password. Is there a way arround this reprompting?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 19:42:47 CDT