Re: Replication #2

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:48:12 -0700

Bostjan

The definition of ADD_MASTER_DATABASE in 8.0.5 is:

DBMS_REPCAT.ADD_MASTER_DATABASE(

      gname                 IN   VARCHAR2,
      master                IN   VARCHAR2,
      use_existing_objects  IN   BOOLEAN  := TRUE,
      copy_rows             IN   BOOLEAN  := TRUE,
      comment               IN   VARCHAR2 := '',
      propagation_mode      IN   VARCHAR2 := 'ASYNCHRONOUS')

Notice the definition of use_existing_objects - it defaults to TRUE. If you don't have the objects there, it should be set to FALSE. Try that and see what happens.

Pete