Re: Need HELP on GRANT and ROLE

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:23:12 -0400

A copy of this was sent to assoy_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:10:40 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have problem about GRANT and ROLE, and I do not know whether this is
>a bug or what I am doing is not right.

roles are not enabled during procedure executions/compilations with the exception of invokers rights procedures in Oracle8i, release 8.1.

see http://govt/~tkyte/Misc/RolesAndProcedures.html for more info.

>I have 9 users.
>
>USER1 -- USER9
>
>USER1 has a table called TABLE_A. DBA Created a Role called READ_TBLS.
>USER1 --> Grant select on table_A to READ_TBLS;
>DBA --> Grant READ_TBLS TO USER2;
>
>USER2 is able to do a --> DESC TABLE_A;
>also, USER2 is able to do a --> SELECT * FROM TABLE_A;
>However, when USER2 try to Compile a Stored-Procedure

[snip]

>Why role READ_TBLS is cannot take care of this ?
>
>Any help would be appreciated
>
>Assoy
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 15:23:12 CDT