Re: WebDB - Form contents in PL/SQL code

From: <finnknud_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:06:44 GMT

In article <37dc3835.1405720118_at_news.mindspring.com>,   dave_at_foobar.com (Dave Grantier) wrote:
> All,
> I'm using WebDB for our Company's Intranet web site. I'm trying to
> pull some form level input into PL/SQL for some validation after teh
> user submits but before updating the database. How can I
> trap/edit/evaluate user responses in PL/SQL before updating, etc. the
> database? The manuals don't really address how to do it.
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dave
>
> +---------------------+---------------+
> |nojunkmail_at_nospam.com| mindspring.com|
> |nospam_at_nojunkmail.com| davegrantier@ |
> +---------------------+---------------+

I would expect that you could do this by using exceptions in you pl/sql code. Something like

declare

  WrongInput Exception

begin

if XXX <> YYY then

   raise WrongInput
end if;
insert into www ...;

exception

   when WrongInput then
end;

I don't now if this would work in WebDb, but that is how I use it to validate datawarehouse data ( I might have forgotten the syntaks thougt ) If you will be using a lot of Pl/sql then try to look up www.revealnet.com

Finn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 12:06:44 CDT