Re: Oracle 8 Multi-Master Replication

From: Bostjan Stupica <bostjan.stupica_at_ixtlan.si>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 19:10:38 +0200

Hoj!

I solve the problem, realy stupiud ...
Well I have on both instances users REPADMIN and REPSYS. And database links was created so:
REPADMIN (TST1) ---> REPSYS (TST2) and
REPADMIN (TST2) ---> REPSYS (TST1),
REPSYS (TST1) no link and
REPSYS (TST2) no link.
.

Then I changed database link to the following shema:

REPADMIN (TST1) ---> REPADMIN (TST2) and
REPADMIN (TST2) ---> REPADMIN (TST1),
REPSYS (TST1) ---> REPSYS (TST2) and
REPSYS (TST2) ---> REPSYS (TST1).

Then I add another master and the think worked.

Pete Sharman wrote in message <37DD1A92.61A2AA68_at_us.oracle.com>...
>Hmm. I've seen someone ask the same question internally, but no answer to
>this. All I can think of is that somewhere you still have something from
the
>7.3 days. What about triggers etc.? Did you get rid of those and try
again?

>Pete
>
>Bostjan Stupica wrote:
>
>> Hoj!
>>
>> Need advice ...
>>
>> We have two Oracle Server EE v8.0.5.1.0 (with patch, like you see). The
>> instance names are TST1 and TST2 (for example).
>> Then I build Replication Group on TST1 with few tables on one of them, so
>> TST1 is MDS (Master Definition Site). Then I try to replicate replication
>> group to TST2, but I allways get following error:
>> ---
>> SQL> EXECUTE DBMS_REPCAT.ADD_MASTER_DATABASE(GNAME => 'TEST',
>> MASTER => 'TST2.ixtlan.si',
>> PROPAGATION_MODE =>
'SYNCHRONOUS');

>> ORA-23375: feature is incompatible with database version at
'TST2.ixtlan.si'

>> ---
>> Cause: A feature not compatible with the specified database was used.
>> Action: Set or raise the value of the COMPATIBLE parameter in the
INIT.ORA
>> file to match the necessary compatibility level.
>> ---
>>
>> I have the comatible set to 8.0.5.0.0 on both instances.
>>
>> I have set replication propagator on both sites, set the comatible
parameter
>> on both instances, build all links (public database link, link for
REPADMIN
>> and for owner of replicated tables).
>>
>> The only think I suspect is, that data on instance TST1 and TST2 was
>> transferd from Oracle 7 with full export-import utility. That could maybe
>> danage replication repository. But I have then rebuild all catalogs on
>> instance TST1 and TST2 (script CATALOG.SQL, CATPROC.SQL and CATREP.SQL)
and