Re: Trigger Question

From: Jeff Hunter <jeffh_at_btitelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:00:42 -0400

No question is a stupid question.

You can use the "user" keyword in your trigger PL/SQL block to return = the current user. Although triggers run as the owner of the object, the = user will return the user who is causing the trigger to fire...

SQL> select user, sysdate from dual;

USER                           SYSDATE
------------------------------ ---------
SYSTEM                         13-SEP-99

In a trigger it would look like:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER ANI_AUDIT
   AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE OR DELETE ON ANI    REFERENCING NEW AS NEW OLD AS OLD
   FOR EACH ROW BEGIN
   IF INSERTING THEN

      INSERT INTO ANI_AUDIT (user_id, audit_ts, action_cd, id, ani)
      VALUES (user,sysdate,'INSERT',:new.id, :new.ani);

   END IF;
END; Michael Milliron <~okana_at_msn.com> wrote in message ...
>This may be a stupid question:
>
>In using triggers - I am doing an insert into a separate table based on =
an
>update or insert into a table. Is there a way to get the Oracle user =
ID of