Re: fast growing RBSs

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:26:33 +0100

That's a very odd one.

Which version of Oracle ? Did you report it as a bug, or just work around it.

I can't think of any reason why a session connection should hold a rollback segment; as far as I am aware, a rollback segment knows nothing about session which owns the attached transaction. After all, if you have one session (from SQL*Plus say) and keep executing little updates and commit you should see the transactions cycling through the rollback segments in turn.

Is it possible that your middle-tier was opening two sessions, and one of them was starting a transaction that was never committed ?

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk