Help - Using shared Sockets on Linux

From: Joe Long <joe.long_at_cticallcenter.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:14:39 -0500

Good Morning,

     We are thinking of moving from Oracle on NT to Oracle on Linux and I just installed a 'test' 8.0.5 db on SuSe 6.2 Linux with the 2.2.10 kernel. We are trying to configure it for tests with our web apps and I need to force Oracle to respond to connections on the same port that Listener users. In NT, there is a registry value - USE_SHARED_SOCKETS - that allows you to do this. Since I am new to Linux, I don't have a clue how to do this. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Joe Long Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 11:14:39 CDT