Re: Debuging in Stored-Procedures?

From: Scott Felten <sfelten_at_pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:03:01 -0400

Christian,

Yeah...I do my debugging in procedure builder (part of developer). It allows for breakpoints and the like. (I also use this product to create and manage database triggers).

Also, I had a similar need for handling messaging from stored proc to client. I had a table that was updated when the stored proc started and in the actual stored proc, I had statements that updated that table. Then the client had a 'check on proc' button. It listed all the active stored procedures (that were running), and they could click on the one that they wanted (stored proc name, description, user who started and date/time) and it would give them the most current status. I did it this way, but there are probablly other ways.

HTH... scott felten
sfelten_at_pilot.infi.net