ORA-12500:TNS:Listener failed to start a dedicated server process

From: Andy Geraerts <angeraer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:40:31 +0200

I'm attempting to make a connection with SQL Plus 8.0 / ODBC to my Oracle database. We're using SAP on Oracle. Since I only acccess Oracle through the SAP interface I've almost zero knowledge about Oracle. I've installed the Client software of Oracle and created an alias using SQL Net Easy configurator. I've tested it with TNSPING. This results positive... When I try to connect I always get the following error : ORA-12500:TNS:Listener failed to start a dedicated server process.

Anyone an idea?

Andy Geraerts
Please mail at Andy.Geraerts @ sentinel.be Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 07:40:31 CDT