Re: sequence currval

From: Mattias Malmgren <a2matmal_at_ulmo.stud.slu.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:06:31 +0200

> Thanks to all that have helped me!

Well my problem with "select flfraga_seq.currval into k from dual" is that I get the error:

ORA-08002: sequence FLFRAGA_SEQ.CURRVAL is not yet defined in this session
ORA-06512: at "FLUSER.SEQ_TEST", line 6
ORA-06512: at line 5

But that turned out to be becouse my testexample was not written in a propper way.

Still the table "dual" is a mysery for me? Where did that table come from? As far as I can remember I never created it. How does it come that dual knows the value of FLFRAGA_SEQ.CURRVAL ? I guess that I can look it up myself, but if you can easely explain it to me
I woud be greatful.

 / Mattias Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 05:06:31 CDT