Oracle 8 Multi-Master Replication

From: Bostjan Stupica <bostjan.stupica_at_ixtlan.si>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:44:39 +0200

Hoj!

Need advice ...

We have two Oracle Server EE v8.0.5.1.0 (with patch, like you see). The instance names are TST1 and TST2 (for example). Then I build Replication Group on TST1 with few tables on one of them, so TST1 is MDS (Master Definition Site). Then I try to replicate replication group to TST2, but I allways get following error:
---

SQL> EXECUTE DBMS_REPCAT.ADD_MASTER_DATABASE(GNAME => 'TEST',

                                        MASTER => 'TST2.ixtlan.si',
                                        PROPAGATION_MODE => 'SYNCHRONOUS');

ORA-23375: feature is incompatible with database version at 'TST2.ixtlan.si'

---

Cause: A feature not compatible with the specified database was used. Action: Set or raise the value of the COMPATIBLE parameter in the INIT.ORA file to match the necessary compatibility level.
---

I have the comatible set to 8.0.5.0.0 on both instances.

I have set replication propagator on both sites, set the comatible parameter on both instances, build all links (public database link, link for REPADMIN and for owner of replicated tables).

The only think I suspect is, that data on instance TST1 and TST2 was transferd from Oracle 7 with full export-import utility. That could maybe danage replication repository. But I have then rebuild all catalogs on instance TST1 and TST2 (script CATALOG.SQL, CATPROC.SQL and CATREP.SQL) and still didn't work.

What else could be wrong?

Thank you,

Bostjan Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 03:44:39 CDT