Re: database is slow after 3 days

From: Jeff Hunter <jeffh_at_btitelecom.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 20:42:54 -0400

Without knowing specifics, I would guess that that either your buffer hit ratio is low or your library cache hit ratio is low. You should run utlbstat/utlestat and examine the results in the report.txt file. Run utlbstat on about day number 2 and let it run just until you shut down the instance. Run utlestat before you shut down the instance. This should shed some light on your problems...

Jeff Hunter, OCP DBA
Enterprise Database Administrator

<3CF3218126D50624.BED143061FAC9BA5.40E6692494AD7D72_at_lp.airnews.net>...