Re: fast growing RBSs

From: Joseph T <jthvedt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 05:22:10 GMT

Martin:

I'm away from work, so I don't have my scripts handy, but I know you can query V$ROLLSTAT to find various statistics about RBSs. There's some view, perhaps not that one, that tells which sessions have current rollback transactions. If you can't find it and really need it, e-mail me.

Have you set OPTIMAL in the storage parameters? If not, I recommend it. You should monitor the high-water-mark periodically to make sure your OPTIMAL isn't too small.

I had a problem with growing RBSs. I found that the middle tier of our three-tier client-server setup would open sessions and never close them. RBSs associated with these sessions would never shrink back to OPTIMAL. I reconfigured the middle tier to periodically close and re-open sessions, and the problem went away.

Good luck.

Joseph

--
Joseph Thvedt
jthvedt_at_my-deja.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Sep 12 1999 - 00:22:10 CDT