Re: ps -lef returns this Oracle process oracleWG73 (LOCAL=NO)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 07:18:14 +0200

Each instance has (depending on configuration) about 8 processes managing it. I do not exactly remember (working with NT know) whether they show up with LOCAL=NO. The background processes show up in both the v$session and v$process view and their pid is also listed there, so it should be possible to map up your 'orphan' connections to v$session entries. It looks like the answer to your questions is a big NONO.

Hth,
--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA