Is is possible to tune this SQL statement?

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:48:11 -0700

Hello all,

    I create a view AAA joining 5 tables and the resulting rows is over 50000. I am doing query on AAA with the following SQL statements:

    select distinct(field) from AAA where condition...

    (View AAA has 50 columns, only the column with varchar2 data type is retrieved)

    The condition part is different each time. Is there any way to improve the above query time? If the fields to retrieve is only on two or three columns (each time one field is retrieved but the condition part is again different each time), can I built index on these columns (i.e. can I built index on view column)? Or is there other ways can improve the query time?

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Sun Sep 12 1999 - 12:48:11 CDT