HP-UX v11 Oracle 8.0.4 Installer Won't Come Up/Hangs

From: jennetta <jennetta_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 18:41:57 -0400

HP-UX v11 Oracle 8.0.4 Installer Won't Come Up/Hangs

Thanks to an earlier response, I got the cdrom mounted in rock ridge format. Thanks! I have also
gone through the install manual and have set all of the environment parameters. I feel that I have
followed the instructions precisely. Yet, when I execute ./orainst, nothing happens. No error
message. My cursor moves down one line but the $ prompt goes away. I have waited up to an hour to
see if anything will happen but nothing does. I am running this in a telnet session to the HP 9000
server. Is that an acceptable way to run this? I am logged in as the oracle owner account. Any
help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Bill Received on Sat Sep 11 1999 - 17:41:57 CDT