Re: Middleware --- polling or triggering

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 16:15:15 GMT

In article <7r6bbs$t2a$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   steven_ma_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> When you are using MQ Series and Procedural
> Gateway for MQSeries, this is a real time
> transaction, right??

If you meaning sync. tran - than the answer is yes. Actually we are sending a message to IMS/DB-DC legacy application on MF and waiting for it's answer ( wait interval is specified by end-user ).
Either some response is returned by legacy system or time limit is reached and "NO RESPONSE" returned to Oracle.

> Is Procedural Gateway a client of MQSeries?
Yes. It's connected directly to MF and it puts messages on MQ queues on MF.

> How much is it?

What do you mean ????

  Michael.

> Thanks.
>
> Steve
>
> In article <7qhacj$48r$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Look at www.quest.com.
> > They have a product that enable off-line copy
> of data
> > between 2 DBs.
> > I wonder what trigger you are going to use if
> no DBLINK is
> > possible between your databases?
> > I used IBM's MQSeries and Oracle MQ
> Procedural Gateway to
> > pass data from one DB to another and back.
> >
> > Good luck. Michael.
> >
> > In article
> <7qh35l$tol$1_at_imsp009a.netvigator.com>,
> > "Ken" <kenchowhk_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I am studying which way is the best to
> refresh the DB.
> > > There are two DB and let say A and B, they
> are in
> > > different machine. When the update is done
> on A,
> > > then we need to refresh the corresponding
> table
> > > in B. Now let's assumed that the db_link
> can't be used.
> > > we are just thinking of two approaches
> > >
> > > 1. to set the timer in middleware to
> periodically do the
> > > synchronisation between the two DB.
> > > 2. to setup the trigger in DB A, any update
> in A will be
> > > firing a trigger to update B.
> > >
> > > Is there any whitepaper or document in
> comparing this
> > > two approach ? Should you have any other
> alternatives,
> > > kindly drop a few words also, many thanks.
> > >
> > > Ken

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Sep 11 1999 - 11:15:15 CDT