Re: Tuning recommendations

From: <tedchyn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 16:03:58 GMT

chris, hopeful my comments are useful
ted chyn
In article <937055566.16228.0.pink.d4e11225_at_news.in2home.co.uk>,   "In2Home User" <user_at_forlano.in2home.co.uk> wrote:
> I realize that the tuning of and Oracle system takes months to
perfect, but
> I'm just looking for some initial recommendations to get me started.
I've
> specified the details of my system below.
>
> transactions = lots of reads and writes (OLTP)
*** 4k block size, multiple db writer or asynchronous io *** change number of blocks from default to a desired number
> database size = ~1GB

*** relative small database logical daily export possible
*** segregate system, rbs, index and table tablespace to different
*** device whenever possible

> number of concurrent users = 30

*** change max number of cursor from default value
> oracle version = 8.0.5
> server = UltraSparcI-333MHz
> os = Solaris 2.5
> RAM = 1GB

*** if there is only one sever total sga normally is 50% of sga

> Any suggestions are most welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Sep 11 1999 - 11:03:58 CDT